Evaluation
This project Brave new world has been an interesting and
educational one. As it is the first project introducing our special effects
kit, I have found it really exciting. Learning all the different ways to use
and apply our kits was a great introduction into using special FX products.
Unfortunately not being able to attend a few of the practical sessions due to
personal reasons meant I missed out on using crepe hair that's in our kits,
although I've practised this using online tutorials.
Seeing
how in different cultures the body is used as a canvas has been truly
intriguing and enlightening. Some forms
of body modification I have come across are outright bizarre and gruesome.
Other forms I have found truly beautiful.
What I would have liked to do differently if given the chance to do this project again is to use a different model for my second look. Having a darker skinned, darker haired model, I think would have complimented the look more. My model was very professional and had great skin to work on.
I've really enjoyed creating my final images for this project. I feel my images are stunning and resemble futuristic tribalism in an eye-catching way.
What I would have liked to do differently if given the chance to do this project again is to use a different model for my second look. Having a darker skinned, darker haired model, I think would have complimented the look more. My model was very professional and had great skin to work on.
I've really enjoyed creating my final images for this project. I feel my images are stunning and resemble futuristic tribalism in an eye-catching way.
Bibliography
Scarification - Carol Beckwith, Angela Fisher
(18th Sept 2012). Painted
Bodies, African Body Painting, tattoos and scarification. London: Rizzoli
International Publications. p198-205.
Head
Binding - (2007). Cranial
Binding. Available: http://wiki.bme.com/index.php?title=Cranial_Binding.
Last accessed 21st Nov 2013.
Ryoichi
Keroppy Maeda. (2013). Extreme
body modification. Available:
http://keroppymaeda.com/main.html. Last accessed 30th Nov 2013.
Star
Trek- CBS Entertainment. (2013). Star Trek. Available: http://www.startrek.com.
Last accessed 30th Nov 2013.